hey riot? read these?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piercy

21-05-2013

So thought id post these from the main thread ones mine and one is not, i think the message is the same though. Im pretty sure over there they wont get seen so here riot read these.

i replaced the words i used with the word [rubbish] as they were ****'d out. Im not sure why my language wasnt even swearing :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercy08 View Post
So heres my problems with what happened over the weekend.

1. No non-bull[rubbish] communications! Tell us something we don't know! we know the servers are down, we know the queues are [rubbish], we know you are trying to fix it but your not telling us what your are doing to try and mitigate the effect. Your not telling us what your planning on doing so this doesn't happen in the future. Every time this happens you come up with some crappy public response along the lines of "we had a problem, it sucked."

2. Do not thank me for my patience! My patience upped and left months ago when this rubbish] occurred. So you apologize for being unable to provide a service rather than thanking me for my non-existent patience. If you didn't understand that, yes you thanked us for patience rather than apologising.

3. Sort your priorities out! I think its pretty damn appalling when you release twitter posts stating that you know you have login queue issues but your going to turn on ranked queues anyway. Heres a thought, how about you sort out your traffic management, and point your ranked, stats and api servers at the login queue. Once you've got the queues down to acceptable levels (i would say 15 mins is acceptable). THEN you retask those servers back onto the ranked queues and enable ranked. When you put that post out i was in a queue for 45 minutes (after being in it for 3 hours already).

Honestly, I think its pretty pathetic that you don't apologize (and i dont mean free boosts and [rubbish], i mean an actual sorry), you don't give answers just public responses stating what we already know and that you don't seem to be able to manage your network in a way that gets everyone playing in the timeliest fashion possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky Steal View Post
Please, please comment on this, reds. Please.

So to be honest I'm pretty upset by this thread. Not only is it WAY too late (like server problems since before the weekend and then after the weekend finally something pop's up), but still communication skills are highly poor!
- We don't see a red on forums for days and suddenly there are enough to turn this thread into a spamfest.
- This thread turned into a spamfest. Rediculous for the first thread finally adressing the problems.
- We still get vague information that "stuff is happening" (I know you can't go into detail, but this still doesn't get the juices flowing...). Although I appreciate the updates somewhere in the middle of this thread.
- Annoying point: there were dozens of threads in the general forum about the server downtime posted where no red would reply to, but a thread asking about a rioter joining for a 1000th win for a red reply without 30 minutes. That's just shameful.

- Can someone (a red) please comment on the lack of information. Everyone is annoyed by the downtime/server instability, but everyone is MORE annoyed because there is no communication about it. If you keep people updated (with a sticky in all forums) there would be a lot less drama.

Also, this is just awkward:

You mean you're normally not watching EUW like a hawk? "the next few days..." sigh.. What a surprise.

pureUK

21-05-2013

There working on it... that's as much as they can do i imagine there servers are huge hosting the EUW servers and if there a probably its gonna be hard to diagnose and fix these threads do not help your better off taking a chill pill and do something else because its going to take time.

Piercy

21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureUK View Post
There working on it... that's as much as they can do i imagine there servers are huge hosting the EUW servers and if there a probably its gonna be hard to diagnose and fix these threads do not help your better off taking a chill pill and do something else because its going to take time.
it's very true, but not everyone at riot is working on fixing the servers. some are handling the fall out. The problem is that they continually shrug it off like its ok now so dont worry about it. When really they need earn some trust with the community that they are doing everything in their power to put it right.

pureUK

21-05-2013

i would imagine the whole of there network team or the people in charge of the servers would be diagnosing the problem just take a break from league for a couple of days...the servers are on and off if you can get into a game enjoy it if you cant do something you enjoy...

Nathan253

21-05-2013

He does have a point, the main problem is not that the server are unstable, it's the fact no-one has told anyone what is going on.

We don't need much information, just what's happening, roughly how long it will take, that kind of stuff.

I don't think it is that much to ask to keep the player in the loop.

pureUK

21-05-2013

they are keeping us updated..: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...3#post11683133

Piercy

21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan253 View Post
He does have a point, the main problem is not that the server are unstable, it's the fact no-one has told anyone what is going on.

We don't need much information, just what's happening, roughly how long it will take, that kind of stuff.

I don't think it is that much to ask to keep the player in the loop.
and an apology! at the moment they are thanking me for my patience which wore out months ago. I understand they dont know the solution yet, and even if they did they cant admit all details (security could be compromised if they did). but the current responses of "we have a problem and all hands on deck" tell us nothing we dont already know.

Then when it happens again in 3-4 weeks we are back in square one going, how did this happen again? Riot need to be proactive in stopping this. At the moment i dont have any faith that the servers are gonna stay up for more than a few weeks or any faith that they are doing whats best to get everyone playing as quickly as possible. I do have no doubt they are trying to fix it as fast as possible but thats very different to getting everyone playing.

Piercy

21-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureUK View Post

that isnt much of an update. it tells us nothing about how they are mitigating the effects, nothing about how they plan on making sure this doesnt happen in the future. it just tells us, thats it broken, and that they are looking on it, and narrowed it down to an area.

will they say the same in 4 weeks when it happens again? will that post be acceptable then? what about 4 weeks after that? - this is whats currently happening. We need to know what they are doing to improve it for the future.

pureUK

21-05-2013

So they are updating you on the problem instead of leaving you in the dark saying there inst a problem...maybe if posts like this didn't exist people would allow them to get on with there job then they would not need to use staff to control people on the forums. I'm sure once they figure out the problem and the causes they will give an apology maybe even compensation until then you just need to wait

Piercy

28-05-2013

Bump because we still have no answer as well as more problems 24-25th and on the 27th...

Anything to say riot or just gonna keep quiet and pretend that your customer base is all "A OK"?

I'm noting more downtime/issues than i am play time.

18-21st
24-25th
27th