New Rune page system [Idea]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

strineX

06-05-2013

So I've been thinking alot about the Rune pages, as I think that's a spot where League of Legends might improve for the better.

At this moment I feel that the Rune pages are a place of distress, as you cannot buy Runes with Riot Points, nor can you buy Influence Points (other than IP boosts) - so you can't really fill your Pages over night. I don't like that, as it gives me problems pushing certain champions to the limit and dimm down my customizesation.
I can see that Riot wants to keep their system, as it might encourage to buy IP boosts, or give motivation to play more to get your spesific wanted Runes.

I have a different idea. What if all Runes were available? We make Runes free and available and push all the focus over on the Pages.
Right, so a new slot on the page is available at each new level. 30 spots, 30 levels, fair enough. My idea is to put a price on this slot. What if - at every level - a new slot was available for purchase? With both a RP and an IP price (ex. 150 RP and 500IP for small slots, 300RP and 1000IP for quintessences, just examples) - and with it open, you can fill it with any Rune of your choosing.

So the new thing would be to buy Rune Pages. They can be changed inbetween matches, but not during Champion Select since that would not make you require more than 1 Page. It also means that with 4-5 Rune Pages, you can really be prepared for every position you might play, and you won't hear another one of those "Omg, I can't top because my Runes sucks" (Or support...).

Something I do like with the Rune Page system, is that the Runes level up. When you hit level 11 and level 21, Tier 2 and Tier 3 become available. I think this is the right way to go at it, as people knowing what Runes to put in the slots, will have a nice advantage over new players. I don't like that. Having Tier 1/2/3 minimizes the gap and makes it easier for new players to face veterans on even grounds.

And even grounds is really what it's all about!

Now, this should not hinder Riot to make money AND it will make all face-offs in the Summoner's Rift go without advantages.

Just an idea tho, would love to see what you guys think of it!

HGG Maestro

06-05-2013

And what about all the people who have saved up ip for the runes and now have bought them? I am one of those people and I would be very angry if the next day runes are free.

strineX

06-05-2013

Refunds I hope! It certainly would make me afford a new champion or two.

XxProStylezxX

06-05-2013

I think its a good post what about the players that are only motivated to play to collect runes like there pokemon lol

Yuan Shikaii

06-05-2013

I do not think this is a good diea.

Runes are available by IP ONLY because Riot does not want to sell direct power via money and with your diea people who are new to the game would not be able to use runes because they'd need to spend all their IP on champions and although only tier 3 runes are REALLY useful, tier 1 runes are cheap enough that they are at least affordable and useful till you unlock tier 3 ones right now pre lvl 20.

Anyways, yeah, Riot will NEVER EVER make runes themselves in particular available to use via RP.

XxProStylezxX

06-05-2013

by the way ive spen 20k ip on 1 rune page alone

Yuan Shikaii

06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxProStylezxX View Post
by the way ive spen 20k ip on 1 rune page alone

The reason for that is to encourage people to buy champs with RP.

XxProStylezxX

06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikaii View Post
The reason for that is to encourage people to buy champs with RP.
sounds like a money making plan to me

Yuan Shikaii

06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxProStylezxX View Post
sounds like a money making plan to me
Eh...DUH?!?

Riot is a company, of COURSE it is a money making plan, last time I checked Riot was not a charity organisation. They have a load of people who need to get paid and they need to pay them all with just one game, so of COURSE it is a money making plan...that is just logical, isn't it?

strineX

06-05-2013

The RP price on the slots won't be high, and it will be a 1 time purchase universal over all the Rune Pages.