Currence, RP price [riot points, payment etc]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aldariz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-06-2010

riot points are 40% more expensive in europe then? interesting, but not uncommon. taxes are high in EU...

Wifi Bee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-06-2010

So, nothing then.

Vaelorian

24-06-2010

So first before knowing this you would think it was fair to buy RP. Now knowing that the US have it cheaper it is suddenly unacceptable?

It might be that taxes are different in Europe. It might be that all payments in the end all go back into US currency and Riot doesn't want to pay for the exchange rate, so it lets you pay for it.

Sounds rather reasonable doesn't it?

Koudelka84

24-06-2010

Well no not really.

I wouldn't mind a riot response to this. Because if its just cause it's new in Europe, I'm not going to put a dime into the game, why ? Simply because I wont be ripped off just cause something is new.

If it's because of the conversion rates, I guess it makes sense, but still, dont tell me that they need to set prices 40% higher to cover conversion rates, that just doesn't add up.

As I see it, this is a rip-off of EU customers. So a reply would be great, hopefully my (our) worries aren't valid...

Florestan

24-06-2010

European prices might very well include some sort of VAT (think of ~ 20%) which you would have to declare on your own in the US depending on the state you live in.

Tecumseh

24-06-2010

Hello all,

Lets look into this:

1€ = $1.23

In the US you can buy 650 RP for $5, which means $1 = 130 RP

In the EU you can buy 839 RP for €5, which means €1 = 167.8 RP

Considering how 130*1.23 = 159.9, the game is actually slightly cheaper in Europe right now.

Tecumseh

Swbqck

24-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Hello all,

Lets look into this:

1€ = $1.23

In the US you can buy 650 RP for $5, which means $1 = 130 RP

In the EU you can buy 839 RP for €5, which means €1 = 167.8 RP

Considering how 130*1.23 = 159.9, the game is actually slightly cheaper in Europe right now.

Tecumseh
Then maybe why not sell a 6€ pack. What most people probably want is to be able to buy 975 RP champ without having RP left.

House Tension 99

Recruiter

24-06-2010

Haven't you posted that one week ago?

Besides, US got paypal, so they are bit before us.

Edit: @UP: less money for Riot = less support = less new heroes and skins

Wifi Bee

25-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Hello all,

Lets look into this:

Tecumseh
My bad, then.
That'll teach me to read things here w/o checking it .. and complaining on top of that.

NuclearWing

25-06-2010

Does some1 know if paypal comes along with season 1? xd
And Tecumseh, you're right