League System AMA

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotYegg

Game Designer

Follow RiotYegg on Twitter

11-03-2013
1 of 22 Riot Posts

Hey EUW,

As promised earlier, I'm here with a couple of the other designers who worked on the league system. We wanted to take a couple hours to answer any questions that you might have, whether they're about specific behaviors, the general motivations behind implementing this system, or perhaps some of our future plans around potential improvements.

Thanks in advance for participating!

RT Fan Donutdude

11-03-2013

Is the new league system friendly for new-to-ranked players? I'm considering breaking into the ranked side of League, however I find the whole new system to be rather daunting.

Looch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

How many games in a row at 0 LP can I lose before I get demoted?

Flamerv2

11-03-2013

What are your plans/current progress with the Achievement tab which is currently still left out gray?

Will we be ever be able to customize our recommended items for every champion without using third party apps?

How come LoL still hasn't got a native Replay system built-in the client as a leader in e-sports?

Thank you for answering these questions.

TheMuchkeler

11-03-2013

I've never played Ranked and don't intend to until later future, I was wondering, when I first queue for a ranked game, do I get matched up with people who have similar hidden elo or....? Thanks.

MrVeko

11-03-2013

why does the matchup system still doesn't account for people you've ignored and muted.
Last week i got about 3 matches were i got paired with someone who I clearly never wanted to see again in my team

Khawz

11-03-2013

Will you consider reworking old champions both visualy and their kit?

Riot RoboLions

User Experience Designer

11-03-2013
2 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
How many games in a row at 0 LP can I lose before I get demoted?
When you are first promoted to a new division you will have a handful of games before you can be eligible for demotion. From there, it will depend on your MMR, so you could be demoted on your 6th game if your MMR has fallen quite far, or you may have a few more games to go.

RiotYegg

Game Designer

Follow RiotYegg on Twitter

11-03-2013
3 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Donutdude View Post
Is the new league system friendly for new-to-ranked players? I'm considering breaking into the ranked side of League, however I find the whole new system to be rather daunting.
It was a primary goal of ours to make a system that was more evocative and less daunting for new ranked players. We've done surveys before where a large number of players self-identify as wanting to eventually start playing ranked, but for whatever reason (it's too daunting, they don't feel ready, etc) they haven't yet. The league system and its smaller achievable goals give new players a lot more to focus on than just a single number that might be inevitably trending downwards over time.

We've also seen huge increases in the number of ranked games that are played daily after the system came out, as well as an influx of new ranked players.

Inferno7

11-03-2013

What is your opinion on DuoQ?

Do you think that it is fair that partners with big league differences (for example gold IV with bronze I) duo together and we end up having bronze players in gold games?

If you think that there is a problem there are there any plans ahead to deal with it?

1234511 ... 20