LF: Rough diamonds in the making

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfram Rising

28-01-2013

**All spots have been filled now so no more applications will be taken. Good luck!**

Hello, my name is Wolfram. I am currently a 1200-1300 ranked player and I'm looking to make a team of 5 to 6 players.

My goal with this team is to improve ourselves both as individual players and as a team. We will not only create a ranked team of 5, but use the opportunity to consistently practice and debate with one another about the game.

I am looking for players with a competitive mindset and a humble attitude.

I am looking for players who are quick to criticise but never insult.

I am looking for future Challenger-tier players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is our team philosophy, and only if you agree with everything listed please sign up:

|There is no Elo Hell|

If you truly believe you have the skills, you will understand that the onus is on you to carry. Bad players are to be expected and are to be taken advantage of. Otherwise, you accept that you are at your current stage because you do not yet have all the necessary skills at the required level.

|Mistakes are prime tools for improvement|

After any and every game you think about what you did wrong or could have done right. You then develop a solution and try to apply this to subsequent games.

|You reap what you sow|

You understand that practice is crucial to this game. You know that keeping up to date with the current meta and game stats keep you afloat, and that you must play this game frequently. In particular, you understand that innovation is god. You must be able to readily critically analyse other people's opinions, regardless of status, as well as form your own.

|Emotions make or break|

Negativity breeds hostility, and vice versa, whereas positivity breeds tenacity, and eventually tenacity breeds victory. You understand that the power of emotions is not to be underestimated and that victimisation of fellow teammates will send you on the path to defeat. Instead, you offer hope and inject confidence to failing comrades because you know it's the rational thing to do.

|You have an ultimate goal|

You don't play this game because it merely fills up your time, nor do you do it just so you can play your other-half. You play this game because you want to be in the top 100 in EUW. You play this game because you want to best Wickd's Irelia. You play this game because however ridiculous your dream may sound, it motivates you.You understand that you are currently far from achieving your dream, but whatever it is, the sole objective of this team is to act as the first stepping-stone to facilitating that dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be eligible for consideration you should:

-- Be over 18 years old;

-- Agree to the team philosophy;

-- Be on the EU West server;

-- Be available on most days at around 18:00-23:00 CET

-- Have at least 300 Normal wins;

-- Have an Elo rating of over 1200;

-- Be comfortable playing in at least two different roles;

-- Be able to converse fluently in English

-- Possess a ranked W/L ratio of at least 60% with 2 champions in your main role and at least 9 games played on both of them;

-- Possess a working microphone and be willing to use Teamspeak;

In order to apply, please use the following format replacing the bold text with the relevant information:

Summoner name: Wolfram Rising

Last known Elo rating/Division: 1278/Silver Division 3

Roles in order of preference: Mid, ADC, support

Best two champions (according to the above): Anivia and Twisted Fate

Two of what you think your strongest strengths are:

1) I have a good strategic understanding of the game

2) I have a positive attitude and am constantly striving for improvement

Three of what you think your weaknesses are and are looking to improve:

1) My mechanical skills can be inconsistent

2) I occasionally forget to direct my team towards objectives

3) I need more experience with and against certain popular champions

What your ultimate goal is: To be an accomplished and notable Diamond/Challenger-ranked mid laner

Other things you should know about me: I come from a purely FPS background and have played COD4 competitively (not professionally or anywhere near it). When I'm not playing LoL I'm either studying or eating.

I have read and understood the Team Philosophy, accept it, and agree to uphold it within and without the team. I accept that I may be removed from the team if I am found to violate any part of the Team Philosophy or if I fail to keep to a consistent but fair standard of play.

I will be keeping an eye on for the next few days so please put your application as a reply to this thread. Please try not to contact me in-game as I do not accept random friend requests. Also please bear in mind that that right now the likelihood of being considered is based on your powers of persuasion. Please spend time on your application, and try to be as available as possible to play probation games upon acceptance of your application.

Rhor

28-01-2013

Summoner name: R chitect

Current Elo rating: 1278

Roles in order of preference: Mid

Best two champions (according to the above): Katarina, vi

2) I have a positive attitude and am constantly striving for improvement

1) My mechanical skills can be inconsistent

2) I occasionally forget to direct my team towards objectives

3) I need more experience with and against certain unpopular champions

What your ultimate goal is: To be an accomplished and notable Diamond/Challenger-ranked mid laner

I have read and understood the Team Philosophy, accept it, and agree to uphold it within and without the team. I accept that I may be removed from the team if I am found to violate any part of the Team Philosophy or if I fail to keep to a consistent but fair standard of play.

Valahrim

28-01-2013

Summoner name: valahrim

Current Elo rating: 1396

Roles in order of preference: Mid, support

Best two champions (according to the above): ahri zyra lulu (3 because 2 roles)

2) I have a good game sense and can prioritise objectives

1) can be overaggressive

2) bigger champ pool

3) I need more experience with and against certain popular champions

What your ultimate goal is: to be on a team that wants to get better, not pretend to want to get better and go nowhere.

Other things you should know about me: Im hungry...

xPrexz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-01-2013

Summoner name:Castanyan

Current Elo rating: 1218

Roles in order of preference: Top, Mid, Support, ADC

Best two champions: Olaf and Singed

1) I have a competitive mindset

2) I stomp tops and mids

1) poor decision making sometimes

2) do not understand how to carry in all situations

3) this "win or don't play" bad mentality

What your ultimate goal is: when people say solotop, they say Castanyan

Other things you should know about me: I will establish your psychological profiles after 5 games

Villainy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-01-2013

Summoner name: Villainy

Current Elo rating: 1341

Roles in order of preference: Support

Best two champions (according to the above): Leona, Janna

1) I care more about improving as a player than winning games

2) You will probably never seen me rage

1) My mechanical skills can be pretty inconsistent

2) I have a hard time keeping my cool during teamfights

3) I tend to tunnelvision at times

What your ultimate goal is: Becoming a better player and having a good time doing so

Other things you should know about me: As mentioned earlier i only play support, i might branch out at some point in the future but i would have to do so on a smurf as i have played nothing but support for the past 5 or 6 months

assbitch494

29-01-2013

Summoner name: ass*****494 (ummm doesn't our posting name give it away? )

Current Elo rating: 1460

Roles in order of preference: Top Lane, Support, Jungler, (midlane) [DON'T MAKE ME ADC PLUX]

Best two champions (according to the above): Irelia and Maokai

1) I have a strategic mind due to my background in Chess and Go (and other games such as civ). A strong feature I have is playing for the team. For example my KDA with Irelia is rather low (2.1) compared with my win rate (76% from 51 games), and this is because I "suicide for the team". Which entails making the team focus me, or bringing the entire team after me whilst we take objectives.

2) I enjoy the game. As a result I don't flame teammates, and even when losing (up to a certain point) I don't surrender as there is a lot to be learnt from playing losing battles

1) "Blind". Example: I place a ward and don't see the jungler coming (not often, but still too often)

2) I don't have a lot of team experience. I have played in one team before (aside from goofing around teams)

3) Quick reactions. When I go even in lane it's usually because my long term strategy and decision making is better, but my reaction and mechanics (aside from c/sing) are worse.

What your ultimate goal is: Playing in a team that seeks to play as a team, free from raging however still man enough to take constructive criticism (I'm my own worst critic ^^)

Other things you should know about me: I mainly play strategy games such as Age of Empires, Civilization and Rome Total War. And I'm starting to lift. If that helps :P.

Wolfram Rising

29-01-2013

@ass*****494

Do you not think your name is even in the slightest inappropriate?

Henry Hoover

29-01-2013

Hi Wolfram
I am part of a community which aims to help players have fun on LoL. It achieves this by having friendly players that are willing to help you and play games with you. Everyone is welcome to join. http://leagueoflegendsuws.freeforums.org/index.php
Henry Hoover

Wolfram Rising

31-01-2013

Quick bump.

IMrHollywoodI

Recruiter

31-01-2013

Summoner name: IMrHollywoodI
Current Elo rating: 1319

Roles in order of preference: Top, Jungle, Mid

Best two champions (according to the above): Singed and Akali

1) I believe I have great knowledge of the game and the drive to increase that knowledge further

2) I openly blame myself in most situations and critique my own play instead of others.

1) Need more experience with match ups

2) Need more experience with actual 5v5 teamplay/ Composition

3) Lack knowledge on my least favourite roles

What your ultimate goal is: To be known as one of the best Akali players EU

Other things you should know about me: Always been a competitive gamer, use to be a big Fifa/ rainbow 6 Vagas player as i played other of them at a competitive level (not pro but made some money) and I'm at university studying computer science.