Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteppenKat

18-01-2013

She needs some kind of defensive steroid. Dunno, maybe a shield, a damage reduction passive...Anything. I mean, she's a tank that's squishy. She can't even farm the jungle without dying.

If someone thinks that would make her OP, just look at Nautilus who has better DPS, a health shield and 4 CCs.

Met the Slayer

21-01-2013

Her passive should stack with her autoattacks up a few times with bigger slow every stack, 10% is just nothing to bother for most champs. her abilities are good in general. maybe if her passive would stack, make the damage on her e dependent on that, in exchange remove the slow on e but make her w so that it stacks her passive too on champions hit.
She is designed to be a cc machine, but her only good aoe ability doesnt even slow if you dont buy rylais

AnJiinG

21-01-2013

needs a buff - mayb the q lil bit longer range.
inprove ulti...

sAlatji

21-01-2013

@Meddler: I would suggest you make her passive stronger/ make it stackable. 10% slow is just ridicoulos and you have no real option to chase.

My impressions on her:

- She is not really able to tank lategame/has too high cooldowns/little CC to really work as a CC-tank, also her damage is really low unless the target has frost in it and even then the damage is only average.

- You can't build her AP, because her scalings are pretty low/cooldowns pretty high and she has mostly meleeabilities, so if you go in with a glascannon, you will blow in one second.

I even max E first, because it gives me way more damage after i did hit an autoattack/q, but the increased slowammount is so little (i think from 10 to 16% slow if i am right), that the "bonusslow" does not really matter.

I once heared a quote from a teammate when i played her: "Why would you pick sejuani, when you can pick amumu? (Amumu has a stun, not only a slow, his AoE deals %-health , has a damagereduction for jungle and his ultimate is better)

IkarusX

21-01-2013

I played her recently and carried nearly every game with high stats.

S3 Jungle really did her a favor (especially machete and buildpath).

YES, AMUMU IS STRONGER. But he is also OP and gets permabanned in ranked so this should not be the goal we are trying to reach.

And right now i think she is really strong. As soon as she gets 2 larger health items (golem, warmogs, sunfire and so on) her damage goes way up.

So i think she does only need som QOL changes. Just fix some stuff that feels arkward.
What anoys me most is the aplaying of the frost. It sometimes strange and could use a better handling.

But besides that, every thing else seems fine. She is a great tank mid/lategame if she didn't fall behind (through counterjungling and so on) and her damage through her healthscaling-W is boss.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

21-01-2013
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Hey folks, first update on progress with Sejuani here. Since the original post I've gathered a bunch of feedback, particularly through threads like this, and tried out various changes in internal playtests, some of which have tested well, some of which haven't and some of which are still works in progress. The goal of these changes is to try and maintain what people like about Sejuani while adding a bit more perceived impact/readability to her abilities, increasing her opportunities for big plays (and, if needed to balance that, adding a bit more counterplay in exchange) and investigating a bit of increased use of her boar/flail as thematic elements if appropriate.

Examples of things that have already tested well and are likely to be part of her rework (generally low risk quality of life improvements):

1. Changing the mark for Permafrost from a very weak slow to a non CC debuff. This allows allows the mark's duration to be extended to a longer value than would be appropriate for a slow and stops the mark from having a reduced duration against targets with CC.

2. A clearer particle for that mark so it's really clear at any point which enemies will be affected by Permafrost's activation.

3. Slightly increased responsiveness on Artic Assualt when it comes to detecting collisions with enemies and calculating travel through terrain, courtesy of some tech improvements since her development.

Examples of things still in testing (being experimented with to see if they work, not guaranteed to happen):

1. Base stat tweaks

2. Adding a bit of tankiness somewhere on the kit to better match Sejuani's thematics (tough warrior on a giant boar) and reduce the amount of damage she takes early on.

3. Changes to Artic Assault's behaviour on hitting an enemy champion (e.g. stronger CC than just a slow)

4. Whether Northern Winds should apply the mark for Permafrost and then have its gameplay tweaked (since the current 'bonus damage against Frosted targets' interaction would then be irrelevant)

5. Increasing risk of play slightly and in exchange increasing reward for good play to match.

The next step design side is simply more testing and iteration, both on the examples listed above and some other stuff. Then, once we've got a set of changes we're happy with, we'll refine those, balance them and, where needed then work with our art department on new visual/audio elements (e.g. the clearer mark for Permafost as above). As previously mentioned there's also some interest internally in tweaking Sejuani's appearance a bit. That's not my area of expertise so I'll try and catch IronStylus at some point and see if there's anything concrete about that can be passed on about that. As far as timeframe for all of this goes there's still a fair while to go - I expect we'll see at least one other rework out before Sejuani's. Stuff is progressing though and I'll update again in a while once we've got things more locked down design side.

KnightSeerValkia

21-01-2013

(Posting this again just incase it was missed)

First of, Sejuani is my favourite Champion <3

My suggestions for Sejuani would be to lower the Cooldown on Arctic Assault (Q) as others have suggested due to the high cooldown compared to other such skills with simliar effects e.g. Amumu's Bandage Toss, Ezreal's Arcane Shift, Gragas's Body Slam to name only a few.

Also, the defence 'steroid' lacking issue people have brought up could be resolved in part by applying passive buffs on her skillset which could be for example: Q gives a small amount of bonus Armour per level of the skill, while Northen Winds would apply the same bonus to Magic Resistance per level of the skill. With this it should, in theory. allow for a more focused defence buff which the Summoner can adapt his or her level choice to the situations arising during a match.

In addition, Sejuani's Frost Passive could use a buff in the slow percentage it applies which could either be applied similar to how passives like Diana's Moonlight or Warwick's Eternal Thrist works as a small increase per so many levels...or so Permafrost isn't left out, add a passive like the one mentioned for the defence 'steroid' above which would increase the base slow applied from Frost up by a small percentage (say no more then 20% at max rank?).

As Season 3 Masteries Tenacious and Relentless, Zephyr and the Boosts of Swiftness changes have left Sejuani's Passive as it is currently, potentially diminished greatly, and thats before the abilites of certain Champions (Irelia's passive, Evelynn's W, Trundle's W and personally for me the most annoying would be Master Yi's Highlander) apply and leave Sejuani hard pressed to apply Northen Winds or activate Permafrost effectively.

Edit: I hope the appearance tweaks aren't going to be too much, since I like she has this badass feel going on with the clothes she is wearing (and before people say anything I'm gay)

DeeepBluuue

21-01-2013

I really like her *IMMA STUN DA WHOLE ENEMY TEAM*-thing becasue she has such a great teamfight potential and she can cc adn focus high priority targets, but her laning phase (when played on top lane) is so damned weak

i dont like that she deals not that much damage even if u scale some ap ..and the fact that she can survive the teamfight good and focus some targets, but if u lost a teamfight and u are the only one living or like the carry and u are living u cant do a thing when ur ult is on cooldown

i like that u awnt to rework her so pls give her some damage, however u want

cya akaTheDoctor

Captain Sigh

21-01-2013

Thank you Meddler, those changes, and potential changes sound good.

Thanks for letting us know.

Crimson Sunbird

21-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

Permafrost change is quite nice but I think you should consider applying Frost to attackers too , so whenever you attack or whenever you get attacked you can apply frost , this will help her jungle a lot and save the player from autoattacking and switching targets every time to just mark them , which is really irritaing with base attack speed of Sejuani.

Permafrost change + this change : Mission accomplished , I think.

Edit : Well , applying slow to attacker could be something huge which can make her instantly OP , since now Sejuani can't be killed in her own jungle , even Shyvana can't catch her in jungle and jungle speed would be pretty fast and less blue reliant so no more buffs would be needed , especially knockback you want to add to Q , I don't want to get her nerfed right after.