League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 30

League of Legends Community (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=594290)

Riot Lyte 18-02-2012 02:05 AM

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

Hi everyone, I am investigating several potential upgrades for the matchmaking systems and am interested in collecting some feedback from you – the players! If you have played a game you felt you had no chance of winning, or a game where you felt a player or two was too high or too low skill for the game, help me improve the matchmaking!

*PLEASE e-mail (Matchmaking [[[at]]] riotgames.com) these details directly. Thank you!

1) What is your Summoner name?

2) What was the game mode? (Normal, Normal Draft, Ranked)

3) What was the map? (Summoner’s Rift, Dominion, Twisted Treeline)

4) Were you queuing with a friend?
a. If yes, how many friends? (1, 2, 3, 4?)
b. If yes, and ranked, what were you and your friends’ Elo(s)?
c. If yes, and normal mode or normal draft, what was the Level and win/loss of you and your friends?

5) If you are below Level 30, do you have a Level 30 account?

6) Any specific reason(s) you felt the game was unbalanced?

7) A screenshot of the end-game score

Whor 18-02-2012 02:25 AM

I think as soon as you hit level 30 you should only play with level 30s and basically start with a new normal elo for level 30s only
And that elo can progress based on your skills compared to being new to the game etc.

I remember quite often I played against level 30s that would stomp newbies when I was around 10-20

edit: and considering that you are always improving up to a point and the meta is always changing your true elo will also be always changing

I love Kurisu 18-02-2012 02:30 AM

My team:
4x 1600, 1x 1800 (being me)

Enemy team: 4x 1800, 1x 1900

Speaking of elo.
This happens because people duoqueue.

Stickypoo 18-02-2012 03:06 AM

I have now emailed you a nice screenshot of the Issues of matchmaking. At least the problem i suspect is making games unbalanced.

Great game overall tho.

Keep up the good work :)

Stickypoo 18-02-2012 03:07 AM

forgot to mention we lost the game in the mail. sorry :p

Riot Lyte 18-02-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickypoo (Hozzászólás 6302696)
I have now emailed you a nice screenshot of the Issues of matchmaking. At least the problem i suspect is making games unbalanced.

Great game overall tho.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Stickypoo ;) I did a similar thread for NA recently, and looking forward to having more open dialogues with EU and other regions as well.

madmaxII 18-02-2012 03:15 AM

You shouldn't lose elo when you have a leaver or a person who is afk in your team. I understand your main argument against this - players starting to harras their team mates to make someone leave in order to save their elo - but this shouldnt be a reason to make all players in a team suffer. Make the Tribunal punish players with negative ingame behaviour even harder so that people won't even try that.

xt002 18-02-2012 03:19 AM

Some games i play around 1400 ELO feel unbalanced because we have a freshly dinged LVL30 player in our midst who got carried in his seeding games but never hits a skillshot nor has lvl30 runes.

sended you an e-mail with an idea to improve the seeding of new players, hope thats ok.

all in all, thanks for making LoL such a great game :)

Gnubbles 18-02-2012 03:21 AM

Wish I could send you my last match, that team worked completely in sync, as if they where all talking to each other through voice, we got absolutely stomped, and they where also particularly nice about it, saying "easy", "noobs", made for a great game.

Riot Lyte 18-02-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxII (Hozzászólás 6302724)
You shouldn't lose elo when you have a leaver or a person who is afk in your team. I understand your main argument against this - players starting to harras their team mates to make someone leave in order to save their elo - but this shouldnt be a reason to make all players in a team suffer. Make the Tribunal punish players with negative ingame behaviour even harder so that people won't even try that.

We are discussing potentially harsher punishments for players who leave games intentionally, and perhaps even harsher punishments for players who leave Ranked matches.