League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Training Grounds (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Champion Stats FAQ (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=239)

Sephirotica 25-05-2010 09:04 PM

Champion Stats FAQ

Credit goes to Stumpster for compiling this.

II. Stats

Q: How does cooldown reduction work?

A: Cooldown reduction works additively. If you have a 9% cooldown reduction from masteries, and a 10% cooldown reduction from Stinger (an item ingame) you will have a 19% cooldown reduction. However, cooldown reduction HARDCAPS at 40%. This means that you cannot get more than 40% cooldown reduction.

Q: How does dodge work?

A: The best way to show how dodge works is an example, let's say you have 10% dodge in your runes.

10% dodge.

You grab Ninja Tabi, which gives 12% dodge.

12% dodge +
(88 * .1) = 8.8% dodge (100% chance to be hit - 12% dodge = 88. 10% from runes)

For a total of 20.8% dodge. (Note that the 88 comes from the percent remaining from the previous dodge percentages have been calculated.)

Q: Can you dodge spells?

A: You cannot dodge most spells. The only way to not receive damage from spells is to be spell immune from one of these:

- Banshee's Veil (blocks one spell every 30 seconds)
- Sivir's Spell Shield
- Morgana's Black Shield
- Judicator's Invulnerabilty (note that unlike the others, while this one blocks spell damage, anything secondary like a slow would still happen)

However, there is a subtype of spells called "Skill Shots." These are spells that go in a certain direction. If you move out of the way before they reach you, they will go sailing past you and miss. Be warned: most skillshots are stronger than "regular" spells, and you do not want to be caught in them.

A couple examples of skill shots:

- Anivia's "Flash Frost"
- Ezreal's "Mystic Shot"
- Ashe's "Enchanted Crystal Arrow"
- Morgana's "Dark Binding"

There are also two "spells" that could have been dodged, because they were considered "physical" spells or based off of auto attacks, HOWEVER those spells are no longer dodge-able and will hit even trough blind effects since they are now properly considered spells.

Twisted Fate's "Pick A Card"
Gangplank's "Parrrley"

Q: How does lifesteal work? (Credit to Ezreal)

A: Lifesteal IS affected by armor. If you hit for 100, they have 20% reduction, you hit for 80, you have 10% lifesteal you gain 8 hp. Lifesteal stacks additively and doesn't have a hardcap. This means that you could get over 100% lifesteal.

Q: How does armor and magic resistance work? (Credit to Garek for framing it better than I could.)

Every 1 armor means the damage it takes to kill you is extended by 1% of your hitpoints. At 100 armor, it takes 100% more damage to kill you, ie it requires double damage, ie you're taking half-damage. At 300 armor you're taking 25% damage, etc.

Magic resistance works in the exact same fashion, except it does so against spells only. There is no overlap between armor and magic resistance at all. (Ex. Having 500 Armor would have no impact on spells, having 500 Magic Resistance would have no impact on physical attacks)

Q: What order is armor penetration/MR penetration applied in? (Credit to TiberiusAudley)

A: From top to bottom

Armor/MR Reduction
Flat/Linear Armor/MR Penetration
% Based Armor/MR Penetration

Q: Can you reduce armor or magic resistance below 0?

A: Yes, although the only things that can reduce below 0 is Armor/MR Reduction. Both percentage and flat penetration do not have an effect after they get to 0 armor/MR.

Q: Are there any other caps that I should know about?

A: Attack speed is capped at 2.5 attacks a second.

Q: Where can I see all of these stats?

A: When you are in-game, there are six stats at the bottom (Attack damage, Attack speed, Ability Power, Movement Speed, Armor and Magic resistance). To see other, less common, statistics like Dodge or Crit chance, press 'C'.

tibbers99 02-06-2010 05:27 PM

[/QUOTE]Q: Can you dodge spells?

A: You cannot dodge most spells. The only way to not receive damage from spells is to be spell immune from one of these:

- Banshee's Veil (blocks one spell every 30 seconds)
- Sivir's Spell Shield
- Morgana's Black Shield
- Judicator's Invulnerabilty (note that unlike the others, while this one blocks spell damage, anything secondary like a slow would still happen)
-Using the Summoner Spell Flash as the projectile is flying at you

However, there is a subtype of spells called "Skill Shots." These are spells that go in a certain direction. If you move out of the way before they reach you, they will go sailing past you and miss. Be warned: most skillshots are stronger than "regular" spells, and you do not want to be caught in them.

A couple examples of skill shots:

- Anivia's "Flash Frost"
- Ezreal's "Mystic Shot"
- Ashe's "Enchanted Crystal Arrow"
- Morgana's "Dark Binding"

There are also two "spells" that can be dodged, because they are considered "physical" spells or based off of auto attacks. Your dodge chance on your sheet gives you a chance to dodge these spells:

ess common, statistics like Dodge or Crit chance, press 'C'.[/QUOTE]

u can dodge spells with summoner spell ==> Flash

just wanted to let u know

greetz

Atolemy 02-06-2010 08:29 PM

These guides are useful to new players, but I think it would be even better if you could compile the six guides on the front page into one guide. Just so the information is easy to source and you can easily prevent one guide fron sinking to the bottom of the page though. Thumbs up for posting them though.

Sephirotica 03-06-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atolemy (Hozzászólás 36019)
Just so the information is easy to source and you can easily prevent one guide fron sinking to the bottom of the page though.

They are stickied so they dont sink to the bottom of the page ;)
And, besides i find it much easier to track down a specific question when its in a separate topic than to go "ok, i need movement speed explanation" is it under new player tips? Or game mechanics? This way its, simply, under movement speed.

ZiggySobotka 08-06-2010 12:16 PM

A few remarks:

- Consider life steal and crit as a "on-hit" effect, like so many others you'll find on items, however when u use "on-next-hit" abilities, like nasus' siphoning strike, or twisted fate's pick-a-card, thse effects don't work on the that next hit. Actually whenever u use an ability these effects won't be applied, in very exeption of gankplanks parrrrrrrrrrrrley.

-real-time dodging skillshot is called respectivitly skill-dodging, altough it is often remarked as a sarcastic way when people got off a lucky dodge during such "on-next-hit" abilities.

-Armor/magic resist reduction comes from abilities (f.e. improved exhaust, corki's gattling gun, amumu's&fiddle's passives, etx etc) and seldom items (only ones are; black cleaver(max 60) & abyssal scepter(max20)) can reduce armor BELOW ZERO while armor penetration and magic penetration DON'T, this is due to the fact it is DEBUFFING a stat of a target, while Armor and magic penetration work as self-stats, namely a certain amount of points of the targets armor/magic resist you IGNORE.

-next patch the % penetration will come AFTER the flat amount %.

-anything is considered physical unless the tooltip states it is magic damage, this is important due to the fact still face people who think that stacking ability power will make you deal magic damage, this is not always the case.

-magic penetration and armor penetration is often favored because in contrast to flat AD or AP, the non-scaling part of your skills is taken more in consideration, while you can argue that anybody will have some amount of armor/magic resist, it being a preset number a champion posseses, and many good recipies have armor or magic resist items in them.

-I make these suggestions because people might be intrest in mechanics rather then facts.

Huteh 08-06-2010 02:04 PM

So... no cap on Crit dmg from runes ?

VirginiaSteaks 17-06-2010 03:55 PM

hey guys,
i think there is a mistake in your calculation for dodge chance.
the builder will count in the dodge percentage from runes first and not last, as you are doing.
also i am wondering, which order of calculation is chosen when you have more than 1 dodge item in your inventory slots. like in dota, from top to bottom, left to right?

regards!

hhaavviikk 28-06-2010 10:22 PM

i got + 12% attk speed because of runes i was lvl 12 then i turned lvl 13 i bought another rune for attack speed but my attack speed stayed the same i had 12 % then i bought an rune + 0,5% attk speed but it remained at 12% anyone know how this comes :S?

Sephirotica 29-06-2010 12:19 PM

@hhaavv - Two things come to my mind. Either there is a cap on how much you can have from runes (I'm not saying there is, i dont know) or you have come to some ****-for-brainz number that your rune calculator simply cba to show. Some stats only show round numbers so my guess is that you will get 13% after 1 more rune. Did you notice change on your champion in-game?

hhaavviikk 29-06-2010 06:50 PM

i tested it on evelyn i reste al masterys so they couldent count firts i had + 0,114 attk speed,
then when i removed 1 bleu rune tier 2 +0,5% attack speed i had 1,110 seems u were right alto 0,004 doesent seem very much for a rune which gives + 0,5% attk speed. :P.